Saturday 9 August 2014

*BOOK TOUR*---> Someone Always Loved You by Brooke Williams

Title- Someone Always Loved You
Author- Brooke Williams
Rating- 5 STARS!
OVERVIEW- His first day on the job, ambulance driver Jay has a horrible accident. The victim of the crash is thrown into a coma and Jay keeps vigil by her side. As their lives, past and present intertwine; a story of love through time unfolds. An intricate drama including adoption, love, suspense, and plenty of questions, Someone Always Loved You is a novel that keeps the mind churning and the soul alive.
REVIEW- This is one of those books...told in third person, depicting the lives of many different people at different times in their lives. I usually find this point in books very irritating, but with Someone Always Loved You, I found this the best aspect of the book. The story was at a neutral pace throughout constantly changing from scene to scene, time to time. The plot that was conceived from Brooke's imagination is one that kept me constantly guessing. This is one of the best books I have read in a long, long time. The characters, especially, were very well thought out and described. My favourite character would have to be Evan Rodriguez, who isn't spoken about too much in the novel, yet plays a very essential character. I don't know how I can describe the greatness of this book, without giving anything away, but the way this story has unfolded, was something I never expected. The realisation of guilt, family, friends, and love, is highly concentrated on by Williams and, in my eyes, there is nothing to criticise in her work. To pick a favourite scene from this book is very difficult for me as I loved every page of it, but the end was a perfect end to a perfect novel, and I don't think anyone could've written it better. There was one character in particular that I started despising( I don't want to name him, if you read the book you'll know who I am talking about) but towards the final pages of the book, I started viewing things from his eyes, and It churned a lot of emotions in me. This is a marvellous read. Make sure you don't miss out! One of the best story's ever to be told <3


Brooke Williams bio

 

Brooke Williams is an award-winning author and freelance writer. She began her career in radio, both on the air and behind the scenes. She did a brief stint in TV news and then took on her most challenging job as a stay at home mom. During the few quiet hours in her day, Brooke writes articles for a number of clients as well as fiction creations such as “Someone Always Loved You.” Brooke has also written “Beyond the Bars,” a thriller, “God in the Kitchen,” a Christian novel, and “Taxi Delivery,” a Christian Romance. Brooke looks forward to the December 9th release of “Wrong Place, Right Time,” a romantic comedy and the February 2015 release of “Accept this Dandelion” inspired by the Bachelor TV show. Brooke has been married to her husband Sean since 2002 and has two daughters, Kaelyn and Sadie.

 

 

 

Links:

 

Website:

http://www.authorbrookewilliams.com/

 

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/AuthorBrookeWilliams

 

Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/151184.Brooke_Williams

 

Someone Always Loved You amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Someone-Always-Loved-Brooke-Williams-ebook/dp/B004H8GBYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404240094&sr=8-1&keywords=someone+always+loved+you



Guest Blog by Brooke Williams

 

When I began writing “Someone Always Loved You,” I had the prologue stuck in my head. It was a scene that was bothering me so much it was keeping me awake at night. I knew I had to write it. The only thing I knew about the book outside of that first scene was that I wanted one of the main characters to be in a coma throughout the book. I wanted readers to experience her past and her current thoughts through what she heard and the memories she had while in a comatose state.

 

Outside of those things, I really didn’t know what else would take place in the book. It came as a surprise to me that one of the main characters ended up being adopted. But thinking about it now, it made sense. Adoption is something I have always been interested in. I think that is part of what makes “Someone Always Loved You” so special to me…I dealt with issues that were close to my heart, whether they affected me directly or not.

 

My husband and I actually wanted to adopt children instead of having our own. We felt there were lots of kids out there that needed good homes and we could easily give the love a child needed to him or her. What we did not realize at that time was how hard the adoption process really is. There are fingerprints upon fingerprints to be taken. There are blood tests and even mental tests and everything in between. And then there’s the waiting. We got pretty far in the process before the particular avenue we were taking completely closed down. We tried another path. It too closed.

 

We took that as a hint that perhaps adoption was not the right path for us after all. It was hard to give up on it, but we have two beautiful daughters today and they must have been the ones God intended for us all along.

 

But no matter what my experience, adoption has always been a topic that fascinates me so it makes sense that it wove its way into the book. It started with one of the main characters, Jay when the readers find out that he was adopted. His adoptive family had everything he could have asked for a while. The father, however, had some issues along the way and his experience took a turn for the worse.

 

We also learn that one of the main female characters, Jordan, has experience with adoption on the other side of the road. I won’t give up too many of the details, but readers get to see both sides of the issue.

 

Adoption is something I’ve always wanted to do. Not just for the child who would be brought into our family, but also for myself and my capacity to love. Who knows, maybe someday we will walk that path again. But for now, adoption is an issue I have gotten to deal with through writing “Someone Always Loved You.” The book doesn’t stop there. It deals with a lot of other things as well…mental illness…alcoholism…romance, love, family bonds…guilt…you name it and it’s in the book!

 

If you enjoy contemporary fiction with a lot of variety, I encourage you to check “Someone Always Loved You” out. It’s a book that means more to me than anything else I’ve written. I feel like I wrote it, but in reality, the characters just used me to get onto the page. I didn’t know what was going to happen from chapter to chapter any more than the reader knows.

 

My goal with this book is that it bring readers even half the joy that it brought me in writing it. If that is the case, I am happy! The story came to me at a time in my life when I needed writing more than I even realized. I hope, if you decide to read it, it will bring to your life just what you need, no matter how small it might be.

1 comment: